[ubuntu-in] Some help in the USA

alfred tims alfred.t1nt1n at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 06:35:07 BST 2008

Hi Ramnarayan,

My reply gives you another alternative(initially), which is much simpler and
will serve your purpose perfectly well, that too in a very short while !
That is, your friend could access his ext3 HD from windows and work on it as
well.

Here is how you go about it -

1. Download and install ext 2 (3) fs driver for windows (supports all
versions with rw access, even vista)  from - http://www.fs-driver.org/

Now you will be able to access the external HD formatted in ext3 inside
'windows explorer'

2. Download and install open office from - http://www.openoffice.org/

Now you can open your open office files.

Am sure however that, although this is a practical solution your friend will
eventually change his os to GNU/Linux !

Here is where he can find help when he does need it -

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/ContactUs

Before I close here is some important/sad info I picked up from ubuntu
forums (seems that Massachussets is Microsoft - centric, and Bill will never
better his corrupt ways) -

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=516491&page=2

Happily, there are 'Ubunteros' around -

"Long live Ubuntu !"