[ubuntu-in] Some help in the USA

ramnarayan.k at gmail.com ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 13:58:57 BST 2008

Hi

A friend of mine is going to the US - Williams College, Mass. US.

He uses Linux but has had help to set everything up - all. His current
laptop broke down some months back and since he has been operating of an
external Hard Disk formatted to ext3.

The university of Williams Town , who are providing him a desktop /
laptop,  on being asked about Linux support, have been discouraging. But
  as soon as he reaches the US he will need to use his data and
presentations (made in open office .odi). And also access all his other
data.

The help i required was does anyone have any GNU/Linux contact in
Williams Town, who can help him set his machine up - to configure and
run Ubuntu etc.

To help i will give my friend a detailed how to as well as what software
additional to the base install needs to be installed and any other
special configurations.

I will also give him a DSL based USB flash disk which will enable him to
access his data, as well as some live CD's - Ubuntu Hardy.

We tried to search for Linux / LUG at Williams Town but did not get any
usable results.

*But* if some one can help us find a GNU/Linux friend in or near
Williams Town we will be very grateful.

help will me much appreciated

ram