[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu 8.4.1

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 10:14:13 BST 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Ramnarayan. K <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ah yes,
>
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 9:57 PM, alfred tims <alfred.t1nt1n at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> " nothing can be built perfect, and shipit cannot possibly throw away
>> all the cd'roms burnt after the first release - so that they can
>> provide 'you and me' with totally bugfree ubuntu installation cds "
>>
> ah, yes nothing better than that
>
> assuming one has an internet connection that is faster than a crawl
>
> But the original question still has an unsure answer.
>
> Onkar ??

I myself was confused over the issue after I read all the speculations here.
But now I have got official word from Steve Langasek on #ubuntu-devel
"so the situation is that shipit is trying to exhaust their rather
extensive existing inventory of 8.04.0 CDs before switching over to
8.04.1
any 8.04.0 CDs that are still being sent out are being given an insert
that explains that the upgrades are needed
and in practice, the demand for 32-bit CDs is such that I'm told
they've already switched over to 8.04.1 (with new cover art &c)"

Hope that helps.

Onkar