[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu 8.4.1

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 10:12:53 BST 2008

hi

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Lut4rp <lut4rp at techjugaad.com> wrote:

> > My question is if we were to order ubuntu hardy cd's would they
> > incorporate these bug fixes or would they be the original release.
> >
> > thanks
> > ram
>
> Nopes, the ShipIt CD is always the original release version. Unless
> they changed their policies recently, (which I don't think they have
> :-) they will ship the original version.
>
> which is different from what Onkar says:

to quote:
"You will get 8.04.1. But do you really need to order it? Can you not
get it from someone near you?"

***
so now i am confused ??

the shipit faq does not mention anything about which version is shipped
.
at
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes
The release notes say
Version 8.04 (April 2008) The Ubuntu team is pleased to announce Ubuntu 8.04
LTS (Long-Term Support) on desktop and server, continuing Ubuntu's tradition
of integrating the latest and greatest open source technologies into a
high-quality, easy-to-use Linux distribution.

***
there is no mention of the updated 8.04.1

***
so any more thoughts

thanks
ram