[ubuntu-in] Sugar UI on Ubuntu

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 05:21:19 BST 2008

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 7:50 AM, shirish <shirishag75 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Replies in-line :-
>

> From what I know that's a network chip with some proprietary firmware
> written on it and the reports tell me it kinda works. There's lot
> happening on the mesh network space with something like 70 odd
> technologies (atleast the wikipedia says so ) so it would be
> interesting to see where this goes, there is the 802.11s which I'm
> interested to know as and when it gets ratified.

are there 70 odd mesh tech. based on the olpc system or generally,

am also guessing that the mesh networking would have as much to do with the
firmware as the other systems on the mesh.

Third 80.11 b/g/n are backward compatible - b being slowest, then g and then
n so that should not be a problem

My interest is in knowing what kind of mesh network protocol is being used
by the olpc and if it can be emulated by other wifi devices and setup's

will post to some wifi mailing lists and get back with the results

thanks
ram