[ubuntu-in] [ubuntu indian promoters] Hello all...

Bhavani Shankar R bhavi at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 18 09:46:28 GMT 2008

On Jan 18, 2008 1:59 PM, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2008 1:11 PM, Bhavani Shankar R <bhavi at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > hello
> > I have got a new idea...
> > Why not schedule up an IRC Meet and discuss about the present linux
> scene in
> > India with special ref to ubuntu? and have an idea pool created so as to
> > have a larger chunk of the team contributing to ubuntu and moving
> forward
> > ubuntu in india? any takers?/responses/critics
> > /comments/suggestions.... If i get a positive response.. then i ll
> register
> > a sprint on LP and put it up on the mailing list so that attendees can
> > register themselves..
> >
> > P.S. Its a part of the marketing team I set up..
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IndianPromoters
> >
> > (the team's wiki)
>
> As far as I am concerned, I am trying to fix some java related
> packages for past month in universe repository. And that activity is
> going well since I am a java programmer.
>
> Do you have anything specific in mind? I would like to hear some of your
> ideas.
> Because there is nothing other - than bug reporting/triaging, patches,
> packaging, documentation, translation to Indian languages - that I can
> do at this moment. So if you have anything else to say please do.
>

> Onkar

Onkar.. I know that some of you guys like aanjhan,parthan,karthik,soumyadip
et al.are doing great work.. Its specifically aimed at newbies to help them
start contributing.. I know that you guys are contributing under peer
pressure at work and thats great.. I have also seen you giving answers in
the forums/answer tracker thats great.. But its specifically aimed at
students because we as students will not have any pressure or such sort of
thing.. So I thought of this idea to make an open discussion on the IRC and
have an idea pool created so as to larger chunk of the newbies/students can
contribute actively

P.S. For students: This is a generalised statement.. If anyone's
contributing to ubuntu as a student, thats great.. and please dont make this
a topic for flaming...:)

--
Bhavani Shankar.R
https://launchpad.net/~bhavi, a proud ubuntu community  member.