[ubuntu-in] How to permanently modify network settings ...

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Tue Dec 30 11:33:45 GMT 2008

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 16:00:25 +0530
"Venkatesan Padmanabhan" <venkatesanp89 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>            How do I make permanent changes to my network settings, each time
> I set the setting using NetworkManager, it gets reset during reboot.
[...]

Create a new connection by right-clicking NetworkManager, and
choosing Edit Connections. Set up the appropriate class of
connection (Wired, Wireless, etc.) by clicking on the Add button
when in the appropriate tab. Save it under a suitable name. You
will need to log out and in again (or, maybe restart Network
Manager) for the new connection to show up. To activate the new
connection, click on NetworkManager, and select it.

Regards,
Gora