[ubuntu-in] Fwd: Warning with Ubuntu crap

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 17:37:49 GMT 2008

what do you think

ram
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jacques Goldberg <Jacques.Goldberg at cern.ch>
Date: Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 4:42 PM
Subject: Warning with Ubuntu crap
To: Linmodems <discuss at linmodems.org>

Dear friends,
I know that this is off-list because the relation to modems is weak.

To help friends with modem problems with Ubuntu 8.10, I installed from the
distribution CD (Live CD capable) onto an USB disk on key, on a Windows XP
machine.
I went through manual partitioning of the USB disk.
I paid very great attention to each step.
I saw the message saying that partitions marked for formatting would be
erased (all of them were on the USB disk on key). I double checked that the
process would not involve anything with my independent hard disk.

The bad surprise came when GRUB worked without the usual pause, installing
itself on the hard disk without notice and incidentally wiping off its
partition.

The Windows disk is lost.

Beware of CRAP and do not say that you have not been warned.

I will not start a thread with that.

Jacques