[ubuntu-in] Need the distribution store bangalore

tabankg khabor08 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 12:48:11 GMT 2008

Hi All! I want to know if this is possible or not!!!

Presently, I am with Ubuntu-8.10(Upgraded from Ubuntu-8.04.1)via the
internet(BSNL DATAONE,BROADBAND).
Now in future upgrades,say, if I want to Upgrade to Ubuntu-9.04(near
future).
 Do I have to upgrade via net only??
Or, can I upgrade it from the distro  DVD(Ubuntu-*.*.*)provided free of cost
by many leading IT magazines such as:
LFY(Linux For You),IT-CHIP,DIGIT,PC-WORLD,etc.

  If possible through the distro  DVD,please provide me the commands to
modify the repository files,as well as to add the files to "SYNAPTIC PACKAGE
MANAGER".
  I could save precious bandwidth(Broadband is much costly now.)
 Please reply..

With regards,
Kaushik

On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 5:50 PM, Parthan SR <parth.technofreak at gmail.com>wrote:

> >     You CAN buy Ubuntu CDs and DVDs from online sellers like
> >     rainbowcomputech.com <http://rainbowcomputech.com> if downloading
> >     a 4GB image is not possible for you.
> >
> >         Firstly, Ubuntu is FREE so you can't buy it anywhere but you
> >         can download it <http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download> or
> >         request for a copy <https://shipit.ubuntu.com/> by snail mail.
> >         If you stay around south Bangalore I could burn you a copy.
> >
> > You can buy it from http://www.opensourcedeal.com
> OMG. Everybody forgot this - http://www.ubuntu.com/GetUbuntu/purchase ?
>
> --
> ---