No subject

Sun Sep 23 21:42:57 BST 2007

It works fine but since last few days, a strange problem is happening.
When I connect using my WLL phone, It connects very well but I am able
to access only  Google, BBC, Wikipedia and Yahoo, no other site is
opening.

First thing that came to my mind is DNS issue. Here is what I did

1) ping local IP (works)
2) ping primary dns (fails)
3) ping secondary dns (works)

Then I made primary dns to secondary and secondary to primary in
/etc/resolv.conf. But when I connect, dns info provided by the
connects overrides the settings in /etc/resolv.conf. In fact if I open
/etc/resolv.conf while the internet is connected it shows the info
recieved from connection. But when I disconnect, it has the dns info I
put there.

I used guidance from
http://installing-huawei-cdma-modem-in-linux.blogspot.com (sorry can't
link you to the exact post as I am on my CDMA connection right now) to
enable support for WLL modem.

My WLL phone is a Huawei ETS 2288.

Could any please help me in trouble shooting the problem.

I do not have much experience in using dial up connections. So any
help is appreciated.

Thanks

--
 ALLAH HAFIZ