[ubuntu-in] mailing Lists or Discussion Forums (was Ubuntu India Forum - )

Mir Nazim mirnazim at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 15:12:29 BST 2007

On 9/30/07, Lut4rp <lut4rp at techjugaad.com> wrote:
> Hold on, I think we are not getting the point here... We need a forum to
> accompany the mailing lists, not to replace them! The forums will be an
> easier way to for people to get help, those who arent accustomed to lists.
>  And,
>
> - No, I am not new to FOSS, but i still prefer forums to mailing lists
> anyday.
> - The already existing linux forums pertain to linux in-general. We, on the
> other hand need Ubuntu-specific forums.
> - We have proof to the mutual co-existence of forums, mailing lists and the
> IRC channel in the International listing of LoCo teams.
>
> Any other points?
>
> -Pratul

I think we are unnessasarily streching the topic. Pratul you cab go
ahead and set up the forums at the hosting you already have and just
look how much response you get, if response is good forums can stay
and grow, otherwise you know what you have to do.

PS: Pratul, restrain from top posting.

 ALLAH HAFIZ
 Mir Nazim
 mobile: +91-9906478306