[ubuntu-in] [CROSS-POST]: Cursor theme selection disables GUI

Roshan d_rosh2001 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Sep 7 16:56:18 BST 2007

List,

I was trying out cursor themes in Kubuntu and changed
it to a theme that was called "X Cursor themes" or so.
I selected it and logged out to set the current cursor
theme as "X cursor theme". However, the file seems to
be missing and Kubuntu disables starting X because, it
is unable to find the file.

I'm clueless about which file it (cursor) has
manipulated that instructs it to load the cursor when
it has to start the GUI.

Alternatively, if it is possible, can I change the
cursor them from the CLI?

I tried disabling the InputDevice (mouse, cursor) by
commenting them in /etc/X11/xorg.conf so that mouse is
disabled and then, I could just reset the cursor
theme, but that fails as well.

TIA.

--
http://www.gnu.org.in