[ubuntu-in] Thinking of buying a laptop

Aanjhan R aanjhan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 15:42:31 BST 2007

Hi,

On 9/7/07, nan budh <nanbudh at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> I would prefer something between 30 and 40,000/- :-))

Several Dell Laptops come in this range. The Dell Inspiron 6400 series
has got good configuration but the screen is a bit big (for me! :-))
Make sure you dont end up with a Broadcom wireless card. Intel
Wireless chipsets are far better in quality!! Even Compaq ones are
cheap but I doubt their quality since I had one and was not happy with
some hardware like Wifi and bluetooth. But viewpoints differ :-)

> i saw a fujitsu laptop being sold on the company website for  800/900
> dollors(any thoughts on it?).

Several people have been giving in pretty decent reviews on Fujitsu.
Am not sure about the hardware configuration. if you can point me to
some specs then, I will be comment on them.

> I do hobbyist programming, internet browsing, typing out docs, reading long
> articles(basically this is why i need a laptop- long straight backed sitting
> is so uncomfortable) and at times carry it to my class for

You can look at Dell series. Guess you might find the right one.

> with a good quality display and lit-up keyboard ( for those deep night
> typing with room light off ).

Am not sure about getting a Keyboard lighting at your budget.

Reggies.
--
Aanjhan