[ubuntu-in] This is about Ubuntu Indian Members..

Parthan S R parth.technofreak at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 07:05:50 GMT 2007

Dear Bhavani,

Sorry, I wished to take this off list but decided to keep the reply on
archive for one last time.

Bhavani Shankar R wrote:
> After this response I am banning myself from the community because
> its not worth contributing anything to the team... I am really very
>  sad and sorry to say this... I thought of starting a Kannada
> localisation sprint in ubuntu so i started an Ubuntu bangalore team
> ref:
> http://www.ubuntu-in.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Bangalore#Ubuntu_Bangalore_Team
>
> <http://www.ubuntu-in.org/wiki/Ubuntu_Bangalore#Ubuntu_Bangalore_Team>
>  and https://edge.launchpad.net/~bagalore-uug
> <https://edge.launchpad.net/%7Ebagalore-uug> and I have started a
> subforum also on the ubuntu india forums ref:
> http://ubuntu.techjugaad.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=35b0e3d8b2bc8421dfc323e3cb759969&board=17.0
>

> and after this response I will close down my team and contact
> pratul for the closure of the forums also because of the above
> stated reason..

If I can ask, what's there in your mind? I openly called you to come
to the IRC channel were most of the people who are holding official
and moral responsibilities within the team are present, and discuss
your ideas or problems over there.

Wrapping up the mess you have done in the last 1 week is not a
solution. We are not people who are against your enthusiastic
endeavors in any sense, we are only concerned of the over-enthusiasm
in your past mails and sudden opening up of lots of parallel teams
whose goal we weren't really been able to understand. If your aims
were really pristine and genuine you should have rather resorted to
talking to us guys on IRC.

You can report this to any body of higher ranks in the Ubuntu
community but also remember that you have left enough tracks to prove
that you were a bit over-enthusiastic and weren't very clear about
stating and convincing your goals to the loco team.

Taking a parallel case, Pratul wished to start a forum for the loco
team which even I initially opposed until he was clear in his stance
and more members felt he might be right too. And all he did was under
the Ubuntu-Inida loco team banner, after proper prior discussion and
knowing the opinion from the team. Thus he ended up getting favored to
start and take care of the forum. IMHO, this is a more favorable and
matured way to start new things within the team and I really
congratulate him for that.

Now go back and look at the mailing list archives on all the mails
from us around your mails to the list. There was always a confusion
within the members on why and what are you trying to do. In addition,
so far we have been, to the best of our knowledge, polite enough in
replying to you despite the fact a lot of us were indeed a bit
frustrated on things happening.

I agree to the fact that you gave good enough karma points than me or
many of the team members who had replied you. But that doesn't make
any difference in the community sense where every one is given equal
respect. We have no obligation in you taking the leadership cap or any
similar things, but we just asked you to show some maturity required
to lead a team like Ubuntu India Loco Team. But your way of handling
this issue has only given us the impression of you to be
yet-to-mature-kid (in no sense of disrespect), due to which we have to
think more on accepting your ideas. We have been too in the community
for the past 5-6 years minimum, not just Ubuntu but a lot of other
communities too. We too have crossed things from being a newbie in
good-old-days to our present situation of handling responsibilities in
the community.

Even now, we whole heartedly want to help you out and make you achieve
your actual genuine goals in the FOSS world. It's now up to you to
decide whether you are going to sit across the table and hear|learn
things, or going to fire your canons on your own feet :)

Good Luck! :)

- --
With Regards,
Parthan aka Technofreak