[ubuntu-in] Gutsy problems on Athlon

Satish Chandra satish.c7 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 19:46:27 BST 2007

nan budh wrote:
> I have an assembled desktop with AMD Athlon 64 2800+, 512 MB RAM,
Samsung 80 GB SATA Hard Disk and ASUS K8S-MX motherboard. I donot have
any seperate graphics card.
> I installed gutsy using gutsy AMD 64 desktop CD.
> I also have AMD Alternative CD lying ready but someone on IRC said
that reinstall would not help if there were no errors during installation.
> I am forced to use windows these days:-(
> regards
> nanbudh
>
> ps-sorry for the late reply, i was looking for my motherboard manual
which was stacked away somewhere deep.

Is this the first time you are trying Ubuntu? If not, did any previous
versions work properly? Check if you have the proper drivers in
xorg.conf for your motherboard on board graphics card
(http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=377&l1=3&l2=14&l3=149&l4=0).