[ubuntu-in] Loaded Ubuntu 7.10 in my desktop

Dinbandhu dinbandhu at sprynet.com
Mon Oct 22 17:06:58 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 19:49 +0530, 74yrs old wrote:
> Dear Swaroop,
> I appreciate for detailed information.  .I like to test on LiveCD of
> ubuntu (not installed on machine)
> Will you elaborate step by step to install baraha type software .
> First I shall
> download software from the website (website address please)  on  the
> HDD  in Windows.  Then  with
> help of LiveCD I shall install the same and run test.  I trust  linux
> baraha software will work just like
> in Windows.

It will ultimately work just like the Baraha system when you are typing.
But the way of setting it up is different. You will not be using
"Baraha" software. You will be using SCIM in Ubuntu. Gora made the
character map for Baraha Hindi according to my instruction, and set it
up to be part of SCIM. It was all discussed with clear instructions on
how to do it, a few months ago on this list. If you have those mails,
you will find it there. Unfortunately, I do not have time right now to
go looking through those mails myself for you. If you kept the
discussion, then you will find it there. It is very clear.

Swarup