[ubuntu-in] List of Current To-dos

Parthan S R parth.technofreak at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 07:49:04 BST 2007

Hi,

Of late the traffic in this list has touched new heights and I wish we
make out something solid out of all these discussions happening
around. So rather than righting long mails, which I myself wondered
why I ever did, I would like to list the things which are important
for us to focus. This will be the first step for the discussions and
decisions we plan to take with a Ubuntu-In Team meetup on IRC soon.
Please forbid from dragging this again into further long mails, but
rather just point where all you will be able to contribute. Although
there is nothing like one has to contribute to not more than N things,
I think we have smaller well focused team for every item listed below
and hence please choose only a few so you can better manage your time
for them making sure they get completed.

Here we go..

[1] Ubuntu-in's Project Day, along with the Debian-In team, during
foss.in :

If you have been frequent at the irc channel, you would have noticed
few of us doing serious discussion about this there. The current
status is that we are yet to fix on a speaker for "Contributing to
Ubuntu". We had been trying for Jono but not have positive replies
from him. Holbach is not able to take up our request as he is quite
busy but is ready to help us with this. Onkar Shinde is trying to
contact Sarah Hobbs while am trying to contact Melissa (both of them
are in AUS) but we haven't been so far successful. With just another
day left for CfP, we will try our best. Else we are looking for one of
our team member to take this up. As Ghose, Soumyadip and Kartik are
already speaking during the PD, I would like to know if Aanjhan can do
this if we are not able to get hold of any one else (Sarah, Melissa, etc).

[2] Ubuntu-In Forums : Pratul has successfully created the forums.
Updates on this (briefly please)

[3] Restructuring of Ubuntu India Web site:

This has been a very hot topic under discussion and we may proceed
further based upon this
* volunteers to look at the existing content and make them better
presented (change the presentation only).
* volunteers to write newbies documentation
* volunteers to restructure the existing web site for better access of
resources and usability
* Vivek will work on a CMS based solution and let us see how far it is
good for implementation. *fingers crossed*

[4] We need volunteers to document solutions for issues encountered
with Gutsy from the release day. This can be based on your personal
experience, can also be from something you saw and helped to solve in
the forum/irc channel etc. Please use professional mode of language
and keep it simple with problem description, cause and solutions
proposed (and which worked out).

This is a good opportunity for the new entrants to the team to
contribute and get along with those who have been in the team since
its initialization. We will forbid from calling you new and us old.
Let us use "new entrants" if we ever want to point particularly to them.

Please state in reply what part you will be able to take up, what kind
of additional help you need on this and any other additional ideas you
have. But please, no mile long mails. let it be KISS :)

These are 3 main documents

- --
With Regards,
Parthan aka Technofreak