[ubuntu-in] Has anyone reviewed Gusty

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 06:02:19 BST 2007

On 10/19/07, Mir Nazim <mirnazim at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone reviewed Gusty. It will be great if you guys could share
> the thought for us mere mortals who are still trying to  download the
> iso
>
> I am using AMD 64 X2 processor with ATI Radeon 1250. Specific
> questions that I have.
>
> 1) How is application support in 64 bit Gusty. Are all mainstream
> applications available in gusty.
>
> 2) Is ATI Radeon x1250 graphics supported this time. In fiesty, 32
> bit, it did not work out of the box  and had to install the driver.

Sorry, I don't know the answers to your questions, but there was a
quick/brief (not in-depth) review of the beta at
http://tech.tolero.org/blog/en/linux/review-ubuntu-710-gutsy-features-changes

Hope that helps.

It's really sad that bandwidth is still costly for us in India. If it
were fast and cheap, I would have suggested you simply download the
Live CD ISO anyway (possibly also for a few other distros) and test it
out yourself to see the results :-)

--
"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at it's end madness and chaos lie."