[ubuntu-in] AMD vs intel

Mir Nazim mirnazim at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 05:40:12 BST 2007

On 10/19/07, Jayanth S <jayanth at amonks.in> wrote:
> On 10/18/07, Mir Nazim <mirnazim at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 10/18/07, nan budh <nanbudh at yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> > > Friends,
> > > If anyone of you are using these, could you please comment on
> performance of
> > > the processors given below? especially about cooling, energy consumption
> and
> > > of course speed.
> > >
> > > AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core TL-56
> > >
> > > Intel(R) Core™2 Duo  T5250
> > >

> > AM using AMD Turion 64 x2 on HP laptop and am loving it. Just get good
> > memory and it rocks
> >

> I'm using the x2 as well.. Performance is AMAZING.. I'm having problems
> getting many of the devices to work.. Like the Atheros Wlan.... The Ubuntu
> 64-bit runs damn well on it, most of what i use runs well atleast(AMP
> basically)..

I am running 32 bit version of Feisty and it rocks. Jayanth, do u vote
in for upgrading to 64 bit version of Gusty. Are  applications
available for 64 bit version mostly I will need. Assuming you mean,
AMP = Apache, MySQL, PHP/Python, am also a web developer so looks like
all things are well supported in 64 bit version as well. Is Eclipse
/PHP dev tools/pyDev available in 64 bit version.

> Because of the WLAN issue , i run windows also on this :P
>
> --
> Jay
> "Impossible Is Nothing"
> http://www.amonks.in