[ubuntu-in] ubuntu India website redesign

Vivek Khurana hiddenharmony at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 06:21:20 BST 2007

On 10/16/07, Parth <parth.technofreak at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/16/07, Vivek Khurana <hiddenharmony at gmail.com> wrote:

> My two cents -
>
> [1] Please stick to the theme that we have, similar to the main
> ubuntu.com site. This is a way we convey that we are official loco
> team.

 This is quite obvious. The design has to be in sync with all other
ubuntu loco sites.

> [2] Main sections we need are Documents, Projects, Team Info, Events,
> Ubuntu (Main Project Information). [ Please no job posting or
> commercial endeavors ]
>
> Are you going for a non-wiki based solution ? Lets have a look at your
> design and decide it in the list after discussion. One thing I would
> like to have is a easy way to post/add events, something like a form
> which we can fill and post (even if the underlying this is a wiki and
> we can edit later).

 Wiki or non-wiki is something you guys have to suggest. What is the
general opinion ? Do we need a wiki ? Non-wiki or a mix of wiki and
non-wiki. I am personally in favour of of a mix solution. A non-wiki
for not so volatile sections like Documents, event posting etc. and a
wiki for sections like tutorials, projects etc. Yes the wiki and
non-wiki need to have single sign on and Pratul can help us in having
a single sign on with the forums too.
 Also, it is not necessary that I will do the design. Others are invited too.

regards
VK