[ubuntu-in] repository at IIT roorkee + web space for CS Ubuntu

Lut4rp lut4rp at techjugaad.com
Sat Oct 13 05:52:36 BST 2007

> there are two domain names, for iit roorkee, iitr.ernet.in and iitr.ac.in,
> the first one is one an old leased line, of 5-6Mbps, has to be slow,
> the new one has download link of 34Mbps, and unlimited uplink...
> and infrastructure and manpower does exist... no doubts about that..no
> powercuts too..

Unfortunately, I just tried out the iitr.ac.in link also (if you try
it out now add a www, or it gives a SERVER NOT FOUND error) and I find
that it is as slow... Are you sure its on a new line? Or is it a new
domain, pointing to the old server from the old line?

The only problem we will face if I give the hosting is that the only
way to transfer the images is via FTP. But if the connection is fast,
I dont think thats a problem.

Pratul

--
In a world without fences & boundaries, who needs Gates and Windows?
personal website - http://techjugaad.com/techbakwaas