[ubuntu-in] ETS 2288 WORKS on Linux (Was Can't open sites on BSNL Tarang WLL connection)

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 08:02:30 BST 2007

Hi Mir,

This is with ref to getting the Huawei ETS 2288 to work under linux (or
under any way)

thanks for posting the link - its been something i have been querying and
searching for.

On 10/9/07, Mir Nazim <mirnazim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I used guidance from
> http://installing-huawei-cdma-modem-in-linux.blogspot.com (sorry can't
> link you to the exact post as I am on my CDMA connection right now) to
> enable support for WLL modem.
>
> My WLL phone is a Huawei ETS 2288.

So what cable (serial usb) did you use - standard BSNL issue or of the
market somewhere - BSN is reluctant to give both the cable and the windoze
software,

would be helpful if you could post those details as well.

much appreciated

thanks
ram