[ubuntu-in] Dual Core and Core 2 duo?

nan budh nanbudh at yahoo.co.in
Sat Oct 6 03:46:42 BST 2007

Friends,
Is there any significant difference, from user's point of view, in laptops having Intel dual core and Core 2 duo? I wish to use my laptop for internet reading, office apps, programming with python, django etc. Although i know that core 2 duo is made from ground up for better performance but is it really great or is it just a hype? The Core 2 duo models are pretty expensive,i think 10,000 more than dual core processor. I am getting an HP laptop dual core for around 32000/- (orginal around 43000/- or something). Should i go for it?
Some guys are quite happy with celeron laptop models too.
(i am reminded of the fact that everything used to get done even on pentium III, albeit a few seconds slower ). What say u?

Advance thanks for any feedback