[ubuntu-in] DTP software

Vivek Khurana hiddenharmony at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 02:52:23 BST 2007

Ram,

On 10/3/07, ramnarayan.k at gmail.com <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Was needing advice on a good DTP programme .
>
> Scribus is good but it does not have enough templates -
>
> my specific requirement was a programme that would generate a booklet
> automatically.
>
> For eg if i need to produce a booklet of 20 pages - the programme should
> be capable of adjusting the printing - of back to back pages such that
> when the final set is put together its all in order.
>
> Right now in scribus i need to do this by hand .
>
> any suggestions

Write to scribus mailing list or talk to scribus programmers on IRC.
They will be willing to help you by either guiding you how to do it or
writing a add on for scribus. Also, please add this requirement as
feature request.
 Btw, you know of any commercial software which will do this job.
Would like to have a look at the process and understand what exactly
is being done.

regards
VK