[ubuntu-in] Debian-Ubuntu Project Status

Parth parth.technofreak at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 05:41:37 BST 2007

On 10/3/07, Kartik Mistry <kartik.mistry at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> We have 7 (Seven) slots at Project Day at Foss.in.
>
> 1. Opening talk.
> 2. Introduction to Debian and Ubuntu.
> 3. Demo of both projects.
> 4. Contributing
> 5. BTS, bugs
> 6. Indic and i18n stuffs for Deb/Ubuntu
> 7. Packaging workshop.
>
> I have done CfP for 6 and 7. Christian (bubulle) also submitted talk.
> And Jono and DPL can fit in 1/2.
>
> I wish Bubulle can take on 4 along with Jono (depending upon who is
> present there). Packaging workshop is open because I need someone to
> carry Ubuntu specific parts.
>
> You can also do CfP for Ubuntu-IN project. Tuxmaniac, Techno?
>
> Don't forget that last date is: 8th October.

Thanks Kart, I was about to send a mail on updates about the Project
Day. On my side, I talked with Matthew Barker from Ubuntu (Marketing).
He told me that Ubuntu is planning to be sponsors (Platinum of
Diamond) and hence we will get booths for Ubuntu. He said he will
arrange to have one booth for Ubuntu community perspective, with 7.10
on Demo.

He also said that he will try to talk with Mark and Jono, get at least
one of them to foss.in. If Jono comes (which I hope), he can handle a
session about contribution. Mark, if he comes, will probably be
getting a Key Note. Lets keep our fingers crossed on it. I had  mailed
Jono a month ago, when he replied to remind him this month beginning
and I have do it. Waiting for his reply. I will mail Matt again asking
him to confirm and ask them to apply for CFP within 8th or at least
inform us so we can talk to foss.in team.

@ Tuxmaniac and Slytherin, can one of you take up the Packaging thing ?
@ Ghose, are you planning to attend at least the Project Day ?
@ Kartik, if we are going to have booths, can we put the Demo there.
IIRC the project day need to be user-->contributor thing and won't
demo be an intro to user stuff ? Can't we extend the Contribution
session separately for Deb and Ubuntu, as Bubble and Jono wil like to
have at least an hour allotted to them for all their effort in coming
to this event ?

you are attending the Project Day or the Main Conference or
both|neither of them ? If you can pick any of those things Kartik has
listed or help with them, please inform us on this list :)

As of now, am sure the following will be there..

1. Kartik Mistry
2. Onkar Shinde
3. Aanjhan
4. Parthan
5. Soumyadip (hopefully)
6. Anurag Patel (last time he said he will, but now?)
7. Barkha
8. Gaurav aka Tazz
9. Srikanth aka n3oo3n

What about Mehulv, Gaurav ? Ubunteros and Roshan said he mostly won't
be able to attend. Sorry If I missed some one, I just looked at the
IRC window and listed out ;)

Members, high time for you to pitch in! :)

--
Parthan "Technofreak"

[web] http://technofreak.in/
[irc] teKnofreak @ irc.freenode.net