[ubuntu-in] bug(s) or what

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 07:06:28 GMT 2007

On Nov 26, 2007 12:16 PM, ramnarayan.k at gmail.com <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> First Bug (or some problem)
>
> Everytime i insert an external usb disk (pen drive, external harddisk
> etc) the icon that pops up automatically usually (often but not always)
> hides behind an existing icon on the desktop.

I have seen this many times. It is very annoying. Sadly there is no
'Auto Arrange Icons' in gnome desktop. Go ahead and file a bug if it
is not there already.

> Second problem - while trying to unmount a external usb pen drive, hard
> disk i get the error "unable to eject device" everytime. Initially i
> thought it was becuase some operation was in progress but this happens
> even if all the windows and any operations have been completed.

I have seen this one also many times. Not sure what the problem is.
May be tracker is trying to index the disk. Thought that should not be
the case since it indexes home directory only by default.

Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.