[ubuntu-in] BSNL USB Data Terminal on Gusty

Rakesh Pandit rakesh.pandit at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 15:12:11 GMT 2007

On 17/11/2007, Mir Nazim <mirnazim at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> BSNL just launched usb based CDMA data terminal for internet access
> here in Kashmir. Looks like its similar to Tata Indicom(not sure
> though since i never used tata indicom).
>
> Does anybody have knowledge about how to run it on linux.

I have never used it.

> I am planning to buy one, but only if it will run on ubuntu.
>
> Anyone has any Idea about this one.

Some months back after tata indicom launched its plug and play it did
n't supported GNU/Linux as written on box. I had to try it configuring
before taking connection. I think you should try configuring it.

wvdialconf and wvdial (v. intelligent program) worked for me.

Now tataindicom pack for plug and play comes with support to Ubuntu,
Fedora and SUSE latest releases.  (as written on pack:). Ask me for
wvdial conf file off list if you want to :)

> I got following details written on the box of the data terminal:
> MG 478/AC 8700
> CDMA 2000 IX EV-Do

No idea about these details.  Second one looks like modem details.

--
Regards
Rakesh Pandit