[ubuntu-in] [PD foss.in] Big task ahead

Roshan d_rosh2001 at yahoo.co.in
Fri Nov 16 06:10:32 GMT 2007

--- Parthan S R wrote:

> Checking out the Registration Stats of foss.in 2007,
> (http://foss.in/2007/register/delegates/stats.php)
> we can see that 500

Whoa! 500 is a little more --

Quote from FOSS.IN/2007 event announcement
"The number of projects will be limited. As the 750
seater hall will not be used for Project Days
sessions, sessions will take place in the 60/90/120
and 250 seater halls. That means there can be (2 days
x 4 halls)=8 Project Days Sessions."

So probably, there's a need to filter the interests
and ask individuals to attend those sessions
accordingly. Perhaps, a post on foss.in mailing list
will (or should) identify who's interested in which
section of Ubuntu-Debian. Hmm? (Those interested
should join the Ubuntu-in mailing list and confirm
their interests)

> Updates:
> [1] We are trying to get Ubuntu CDs and some
> Conference Materials

Ubuntu CDs from where?

> [2] Should we still prepare with having our own
> flier/handouts ?

To hand it over to newbies - for those who have been
recently introduced that "Ubuntu" is "Linux for human
beings" would probably need these handouts. For
others, no need.

> [3] As other projects are trying, can we have some
> one sponsor for
> printing some Ubuntu stickers ?

Hmm, local donations -- Bangalore region, Mumbai
region, Chennai region -- each contribute a sum of
money to a person responsible for the stickers.

> [4] We also have requested for a Ubuntu-In Stall.
> Thus we require
> volunteers to man the stall. Volunteers most
> probably will get a free
> U-Tee ;)

Darn! I cannot make it to the event this year!

> Please
> add it to the Project Day page in the Wiki
> (http://ubuntu-in.org/wiki/Events/FOSS.in)

Since, whatever is mentioned above is debatable, I'm
not posting it to the wiki directly.

--
http://www.gnu.org.in
http://www.somaiya.edu/sksasc