[ubuntu-in] Battery Management

Kingsly John member+ubuntu at kingsly.net
Wed Nov 14 18:20:55 GMT 2007

+++ Gautam John [2007-11-14 23:10:39]:

> Also, the Gnome Power Manager and the Applet give me conflicting
> charge remaining time. What do I follow?

Time remaining isn't an exact science.. it's just an estimate based on
certain values. So depending on how it's reported.. the numbers will vary
from app to app... and it also depends on what you are doing on the computer.

An app that just reports the value reported by the battery will show you a
lower number if your CPU usage suddenly shoots up. Whereas one that shows
you an average over a period of time.. will change gradually.

Kingsly