[ubuntu-in] Battery Management

Kingsly John member+ubuntu at kingsly.net
Wed Nov 14 12:51:10 GMT 2007

+++ Gautam John [2007-11-14 15:03:38]:

> I'm running Gutsy on a Lenovo 3000 G400 and the power manager seems a
> little wonky. It does not seem to allow me to set up notifications for
> when I have low battery or when the battery is charged. It does warn
> me when the battery is below 20% (or maybe 30%) but nothing else.

Do you have the panel applet for batteries installed?

When the battery is fully charged the battery icon changes from charging to
fully charged.. and when it's low it suspends/shuts down the system according
to your configuration.

> Is there a way to setup notification when battery is below 5% and when
> the battery is fully charged?

Right click on the battery panel applet and change the settings there.

most of the battery apps you see in repos are old/outdated ones that use
APM, you'll need something that uses ACPI to work with newer laptops.

Kingsly