[ubuntu-in] Ubuntu 7 in a Virtual Environment

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 07:36:51 GMT 2007

On Nov 11, 2007 12:52 PM, Kinshuk Sunil <kinshuksunil at gmail.com> wrote:
> I run a Windows Vista Ultimate PC and unfortunately cannot go for a
> dualboot Ubuntu nor migrate to Ubuntu only.. I was thinking of running
> Ubuntu in a Virtual PC environment through the Microsoft Virtual PC
> 2007.
>
> Please let me know the feasibility of the idea and any probable issues...

If I may ask, why can't you dual-boot Ubuntu? Not willing to risk
partitioning etc?

There was an old blog about running Ubuntu 7.04 properly under Virtual
PC not sure if it's valid for 7.10...

http://blogs.msdn.com/mikekol/archive/2007/08/06/making-ubuntu-7-04-work-under-virtual-pc-2007.aspx

If not Virtual PC you can try the free VirtualBox.org or even VMWare
Server... I prefer VMWare myself. vmware.com/server

--
"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at it's end madness and chaos lie."