[ubuntu-in] Connecting Internet

Aseem Sood aseemsood at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 06:19:31 GMT 2007

Dear Gagan,

I earlier faced a similar problem. My setup is as follows :
Laptop >>> Linksys router >>> US Robotics ADSL modem that connects to the Internet
In my case also :
1. DHCP was working fine in Ubuntu but still could not access web. There was no problem with DNs as well.
2. On windows side i did not have any problem in connecting to the web

Following solved my problem:
As root run the following command
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_window_scaling

I found the above solution in this ubuntu forum entry

Hope this helps you too....