[ubuntu-in] Connecting Internet

Ravi Kumar ra21vi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 05:20:59 GMT 2007

Hi, since there is no information provoded, everyone is guessing the things.
So, please provide some information:
Open gnome-terminal, (go into Application->Accessories->Termianl  OR press
Alt+F2 and enter "gnome-terminal")
Then in gnome-terminal shell, type ifconfig , whatever the result is, please
paste and send to us. Thanks

On 11/5/07, Kingsly John <member+ubuntu at kingsly.net> wrote:

> +++ Gagan Arora [2007-11-05 08:20:25]:
>
> > I guess part of the problem is that i also use a NETGEAR wireless router
> > (Model WGR614)... I use wireless to connect to my laptop that has
> windows
> > xp, this is running just fine.
> >
> > My D Link modem connects to this router and this router is connected to
> my
> > CPU (Desktop, which has Ubuntu/Linux). How to i set-up my router in
> linux
> > then?...
> >
> > Modem is set-up to gain IP adress automatically (DHCP)...
>
> You need to set the Ubuntu machine to use DHCP
>
> On an un-related note..
>
> Are you running pppoe on the DSL router or the Wifi router ?
>
> If you are running it on the DSL router you'll face problems with some
> apps/protocols because you are double NATed
>
> Kingsly

-=Ravi=-