[ubuntu-in] Connecting Internet

Ravi Shanker Kumar ra21vi at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 08:19:34 GMT 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-04 at 13:37 +0530, Vishal Rao wrote:
> On 11/4/07, 74yrs old <withblessings at gmail.com> wrote:
> > In my case bsnl has been configured as DHCP in the relevant webapage of
> > Bsnl's modem by bsnl
> > Works fine in MSwindows as well as LiveCD ubuntu 7.04 without any further
> > configuration!!
>
> It must just be that DHCP (automatically obtain IP address) is not enabled...

It is simple, when he is able to open the 192.168.1.1:80 (Webserver
HTTPD on router machine), he got the IP from DHCP server (router) and is
present in the network. THe reason he is unable to open any page with
URL like http://www.google.com is because his machine doesn't have any
DNS.
So, please add a dns ( 192.168.1.1) , in
System->Administration->Network,

Else, you may try opening Google with this in URL input box :
64.233.187.99

So, please add the DNS, and let us know if any more problem.