[ubuntu-in] Java plugin for gusty

Mir Nazim mirnazim at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 06:41:42 GMT 2007

On 11/2/07, nan budh <nanbudh at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

> Mir Nazim <mirnazim at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Hello guy
>
> here I am again to bug you guys. I am running Gusty on AMD Turion 64
> x2.
> Hi Mir. I am at my wits end with gutsy freeze-up on every possible excuse(My
> Machine: AMD Athlon 64 2800+, 512 MB RAM, 80 GB SATA SAmsung Hard disk, LG
> 700E Monitor, Asus K8S MX Motherboard).
>
> When i installed gutsy using AMD64 desktop CD it was freeze up +corrupted
> graphics. But then i clean instllaed again using alternate AMD64 CD and the
> graphics problem went away for good ...but the freezeups remained and like a
> disease it actually seems to growing!
>
> I was thinking maybe the freezeups were due to monitor and then later may be
> due to Athlon and even later due to SATA disk, but now i have no idea at
> all. No hope on forums too.
>
> I just wanted to ask you(since u r using AMD turion and maybe SATA disk too)
> are u not having any freeze up problem?

Yup Correct. Mine is same configuration. Mostly Firefox, Thunderbird,
Komode IDE related things froze. Upgraded RAM to 1.5 GB and works like
 breeze now.

Plus use swiftfox instead of firefox. Its much faster and crash
resistant than firefox. All your installed plugins will work with
swiftfox as it uses same config locations as Firefox.
Look here http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu:Gutsy#SwiftFox

You should use  sudo apt-get install swiftfox-athlon64, assuming you
are running 64bit gusty.

Hope this helps

> nanbudh

 ALLAH HAFIZ