[ubuntu-in] Java plugin for gusty

Mir Nazim mirnazim at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 06:36:34 GMT 2007

On 11/1/07, Onkar Shinde <onkarshinde at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mir Nazim wrote:

> >> Icedtea is a project to fill in gaps of currently in works Free
> >> (GPLed) version of Java. It replaces some components that are not Free
> >> yet with alternates available in other projects like classpath.
> >>
> >> Just install icedtea packages in gutsy and get going. :-)
> >>

> > Thanks Onkar
> >
> > But IcedTea packages are already installed. icedtea-java-bin,
> > icedtea-java-jre, icedtea-java-plugin are already there. but still
> > applets do not load.
> >

> What is output of 'ls -l /etc/alternatives/firefox-javaplugin.so'? Does
> it point to correct file
> (/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-icedtea/jre/lib/i386/gcjwebplugin.so in my case)?
> If it doesn't, try 'sudo update-alternatives --auto
> firefox-javaplugin.so'. I think 'sudo update-java-alternatives' should
> help to update all alternatives related to java.

Here are the outputs of the two comands.
$ ls -l /etc/alternatives/firefox-javaplugin.so
/etc/alternatives/firefox-javaplugin.so -> /usr/lib/gcj-4.2/libgcjwebplugin.so

$ sudo update-java-alternatives -a
No alternatives for appletviewer.
No alternatives for apt.
No alternatives for extcheck.
No alternatives for idlj.
No alternatives for jar.
No alternatives for jarsigner.
No alternatives for javac.
No alternatives for javadoc.
No alternatives for javah.
No alternatives for javap.
No alternatives for java-rmi.cgi.
No alternatives for jconsole.
No alternatives for jdb.
No alternatives for jhat.
No alternatives for jinfo.
No alternatives for jmap.
No alternatives for jps.
No alternatives for jrunscript.
No alternatives for jsadebugd.
No alternatives for jstack.
No alternatives for jstat.
No alternatives for jstatd.
No alternatives for native2ascii.
No alternatives for rmic.
No alternatives for schemagen.
No alternatives for wsgen.
No alternatives for wsimport.
No alternatives for xjc.

> And if this also doesn't work then file a bug. :-)
>

> Onkar

 ALLAH HAFIZ
 Mir Nazim
 mobile: +91-9906478306