[ubuntu-in] Java plugin for gusty

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 14:22:13 GMT 2007

On 11/1/07, Mir Nazim <mirnazim at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello guy
>
> here I am again to bug you guys. I am running Gusty on AMD Turion 64
> x2. Now I need Java plugin for firefox/swiftfox. I found out that
> sun-java6-plugin package is not available for 64 bit version. But even
> sun-java5-plugin is not showing up in repositories. Any idea what to
> do.
>
> Moreover, Gusty finds and installs something called IceTea and GCJ
> plugin when you click the "CLick here to install missing plugin" in
> firefox/swiftfox.
>

> Any ideas how can i get it working.

Icedtea is a project to fill in gaps of currently in works Free
(GPLed) version of Java. It replaces some components that are not Free
yet with alternates available in other projects like classpath.

Just install icedtea packages in gutsy and get going. :-)

Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.