[ubuntu-in] OpenOffice autospellcheck not working on Ubuntu 7.04

S Gantayet mailgants at gmail.com
Sun May 27 14:53:57 BST 2007

On Saturday 26 May 2007 19:40, Ravi Shanker wrote:
> I am finding it difficult for document writing, because the auto-spell
> check for the Open-Office.org is not working, though manual checking
> using  F7 works great. Maybe I am missing some configuration, which
> probably seems isnt enabled by default.
> Simply, there is no red-line under the misspelt words in OpenOffice
> Writer, but my evolution and mozilla-firefox does have the feature
> working right, means i have the dictionary installed.
> Any idea how to enable and what things I need to install. Also, is this
> what only my system has problem, or you too have this feature not
> working?
>
> OS :  Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty)
> JVM : Sun-Java 6
> OpenOffice Version : 2.2.0
> Built : openoffice.org 2.2.0-1ubuntu3

I too had a similar problem which got sorted out by tweaking the language
settings of Oo. Please refer to this two links which helped me out:-
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=27622&start=15
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=32691&highlight=spellchecker+set+language

HTH
- gantayet

--
Don't take life seriously, you'll never get out alive.