[ubuntu-in] Any body using xUbuntu ?

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Sat May 26 12:03:25 BST 2007

On Sat, 2007-05-26 at 16:25 +0530, Onkar Shinde wrote:
> On 5/9/05, Jayesh @ Bangalore <jayeshatbangalore at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> > So I went to xubuntu.org website and downloaded xubuntu 7.04 desktop cd and
> > alternate cd as well. But It surprised me to see that xubuntu 7.04 desktop
> > cd was showing total size as 565 mb while downloading but when fully
> > downloaded it was only 114 MB.
[...]

> Yes, the ISO files have not been downloaded completely. The size
> itself is an indicator.
> I suggest that you use jigdo foe downloading the ISO. It downloads the
> packages that form the ISO and then constructs the ISO. So you can
> interrupt the download anytime and resume later. Also you can use
> different mirror for improving download speed. Jigdo - Jigsaw
> Download.
> The jigdo download is available for alternate CD's only.
[...]

You could also try using a torrent instead. Seems to download faster for
me that way. Also, before burning the CD/DVD make sure to check its MD5
sum, which tests the integrity of the downloaded file. The correct MD5
sum should be available on the site, and there is a "md5sum" application
available for doing that.

Regards,
Gora