[ubuntu-in] ubuntu-in Digest, Vol 15, Issue 11

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Sun May 6 13:16:30 BST 2007

Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 13:00:17 +0530
> From: "Soumyadip Modak" <soumyadip.modak at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [ubuntu-in] How about a glade-gnome-3 tutorial?
> To: "Ubuntu India Local Community" <ubuntu-in at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> On 5/6/07, shirish <shirishag75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >          How about having a glade-gnom-3 tutorial, there is already a
> glade2
> > tutorial at
> >
> http://www.kplug.org/glade_tutorial/glade2_tutorial/glade2_introduction.html
> > .
> >  I'm just starting to understand how things work there, while being no
> > programmer but
> > just to make mockups. I can supply all the screenshots for the new
> version
> > if somebody
> > is willing to see if there are changes to be made in the tutorial with
> the
> > introduction of
> > glade-gnome-3 .  Please pm me only if you are committed to seeing this
> > through, giving
> > attribution to the original authors & the site from where we took it,
> > perhaps making it
> > more cleaner, easier for everybody to use.
> > --
> >           Shirish Agarwal
>
> Nice idea Shirish, now what I'm puzzled about is why are you not
> interested in taking up the work yourself ? Why don't you explore
> Glade 3 and write up your experience ?
>
> --
> Soumyadip Modak
> soumyadip.modak at gmail.com
> soumyadip at ubuntu-in.org
> http://soumyadip.freemind.in/blog

Hi all,
         It's simply because I'm too incompetent at this point in time. I
need to understand how the logic flows, how it works. While I just explored
the software yesterday only, version 2 I hated the UI, while with
glade-gnome-3 I'm a at complete loss as to where things are. Just as an e.g.
just turn to
http://www.kplug.org/glade_tutorial/glade2_tutorial/quick_tour.html :-

The main window will be similar to what you see to the right. It is where

--
          Shirish Agarwal
  This work is licensed under the CCNSP 1.0 License. To view a copy of this