[ubuntu-in] Problem with permissions on Hard Disk Media

Bhasker C V linux at unixindia.com
Tue May 1 08:53:18 BST 2007

Did you load the ntfs drive with r/w enabled ?
default ntfs module when modprobe'd will only give you ro permissions
for any NTFS mount.

http://everythingelse.wordpress.com/2006/07/19/89/

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 13:17 +0530, Amit K Saha wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I have a ATA hard-drive with a NTFS partition and a FAT32 partition. At
> boot time, Ubuntu mounts the FAT32 partition with R-W permission ,
> however the NTFS partition is mounted as R only. I have tried to change
> it using "chmod" as well as change the ownership using "chown" (ofcourse
> prefixing it with a "sudo") . This does not seem to work.
>
> Similar problem happens with a SATA hard-drive with NTFS partitions.
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> --
> Amit K Saha a.k.a tuxgeek
> IRC:tuxgeek on Freenode
> http://amitsaha.in.googlepages.com

Bhasker C V
Registered Linux user: #306349 (counter.li.org)
The box said "Requires Windows 95, NT, or better", so I installed Linux.