[ubuntu-in] Need Help

Ravi Shanker ra21vi at gmail.com
Tue May 1 14:13:31 BST 2007

First of all, the description you provided is more misleading in
understanding the real problem.
Whatever, the problem is you  when double click the movie file on CD, it
doesnt play, informing what while its of mpeg or avi the data inside is
text. Then simply, you can right click, choose play in Media player.
This would play the file. Otherwise, you can also do, OPen the Totem,
Open File->Browse and select the media file. This problem is not known
why, but nautilus checks the initial data combination to certain that
file extension is right, and then it get messed up with little
diference, which are really different encoders on windows do write diff
data in initial encoder segment values.

Anyway, that was a problem in my computer in Edgy. In feisty, its not
happening all the time, though some time it gives similiar msg.

If it doesnt solve this way, you need to check if your cdrom is properly
working, my last COMBO(which i broke punching, for not behaving
properly), was having weired kind of act. It was able to sometime copy
data, othertime it just give IO errors. Movies not playing anyway and
songs too.

Check it