[ubuntu-in] GPG error, Please help

Akshay Rao akshay.jrao at yahoo.co.in
Mon Mar 26 03:33:08 BST 2007

Hi Balaji,
    I did change the permission and also tried to create a key as root,
i still encountered the same problem. :(

i am getting this invalid packet (ctb=45) error.
can you identify it?

thanks n regards

 techKyLa
aka. Akshay

Balaji Narayanan <lists at balajin.net> wrote: On Sun, Mar 25, 2007 at 03:24:02PM +0100, Akshay Rao wrote:
>hi everyone,
>
>i tried to sign up as Ubuntero, but i was asked to provide my GPG key,
>so i tried creating one using
>
>gpg --gen-key in ubuntu 6.06
>
>i was unable to create one! :(
>
>here is the entire snapshot of the terminal in which i tried creating the key,
>
>kindly help me find the error!!!
>it would be of great help if anyone can guide me in creating my GPG key.
>i am pasting the entire snapshot below...
>
>thanks  in advance,
>regards
>Akshay
>
>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>akshay at aks-host:~$ gpg --gen-key
>gpg (GnuPG) 1.4.2.2; Copyright (C) 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
>This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
>under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.
>
>gpg: failed to create temporary file `/home/akshay/.gnupg/.#lk0x810c1a0.aks-host.6911': Permission denied
>gpg: keyblock resource `/home/akshay/.gnupg/secring.gpg': general error
>gpg: failed to create temporary file `/home/akshay/.gnupg/.#lk0x8120eb8.aks-host.6911': Permission denied
>gpg: keyblock resource `/home/akshay/.gnupg/pubring.gpg': general error

There seems to be the problem. Can you check your permissions for
/home/akshay/.gnupg directory?

-balaji

--
Everyone can be taught to sculpt: Michelangelo would have had to be
taught how ___not to.  So it is with the great programmers.