[ubuntu-in] adding user problem

shashi hv shashi.hv at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 06:59:33 GMT 2007

Hi,
    You should give user name other than root only otherwise you will
not be able to log on. But for me if i do SU and i gave same password
as i entered while installing linux, it gave the root privilages. ANd
then i opened the 'users and groups' utility from the menu. There i
changed the root password and then i changed the properties as well
from the last tab for root. After that you have to go to log on
peroperties, there you have check the box for administrator logging
in.
    This is a quite a long method. I donot know any methods. I figured
out on my own. I was able to log in as root and do all other things.

Regards,
shashi