[ubuntu-in] Xen Installation on Ubuntu 7.04

amit saha dandolls at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jun 19 11:22:28 BST 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to install Xen 3.1.0 from source. When I
do a "make world" , after some processing I get this

Cannot find linux-2.6.18.tar.bz2 in path .
and it starts retrieving the file from www.kernel.org

I do not want this. I have got a local copy of
linux-2.6.18.tar.bz2 in /usr/src as well as the
directory where Xen source code is stored. PATH
setting did not help either.

How can I get around this?

I did install Xen 3.0 from synaptic,but it did not
seem to work either. It is not able to boot into the
Xen kernel, because the file vmlinuz-xen-0 is not
created at all.

Please suggest how I can get Xen up and running!

Thanks

Amit K Saha
http://amitsaha.in.googlepages.com

      Download prohibited? No problem. To chat from any browser without download, Go to http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php