[ubuntu-in] ADSL without ethernet

Venkatesh.N Nandakumar venkatesh.nandakumar at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 17 09:02:36 BST 2007

hi,
My parents old comp has no ethernet card, and with windows used a special driver for the broadband connection that
made use of usb as a networking device. The adsl router was provided by bsnl, quidway WA1003A,..
Ubuntu does detect the adsl modem, partially, ie loads the eagle-usb drivers automatically..
Has anyone successfully made use of the modem in such a case?, please do help me if so.

My parents old comp only supports and runs 5.10..
I can also provide the detailed lsusb details if needed.

Venkatesh Nandakumar
Undergraduate Student
IIT Roorkee

now.