No subject

Wed Jan 10 20:24:04 GMT 2007

Any changes to the date are welcome until March 4th 2007.

Who can join the Hug Day?
----------------------------------
Everyone. You don't need to be a developer. You don't need to know to
code. Everyone is welcome. If you don't know how to help, then just
come and we'll explain everything to you.

Where to join the Hug Day? #ubuntu-in on freenode IRC.

We will be triaging bugs. Not necessarily fixing them.

Triaging bugs consists of a few things:
Responding to new bugs as they are filed.
Searching for duplicates in the bug tracking system.
Sending bugs to their upstream authors, when applicable.
Cross-referencing bugs from other distributions.
Classifying bugs by package.
Prioritizing bugs.
Expiring old bugs.

It's an excellent way to start helping out. You get to learn a lot
about Ubuntu and its infrastructure. And you get a feel for the pulse
of Ubuntu development.

To know more about BugHugDay (happens regularly on #ubuntu-bugs),
BugTriaging and the Ubuntu Bug Squad here are some links:

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpingWithBugs
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugDay
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad
[4] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance

Feel free to post any clarifications and forward this mail to as many
people/lists whom you feel would be interested. We would like to have
more students contributing and becoming familiar with Ubuntu's
Infrastructure and above all a brief glance at the Free Software
community.

Reggies.
--
Aanjhan