[ubuntu-in] Self-Introduction + Help Needed

Padmakar Khandekar padmakar.khandekar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 10:04:47 GMT 2007

Hi Listmembers,
  Greetings.

I have about 10 years of experience in IT. All along, I have been
using Windows as the operating system at office. At home on my PC too,
I had installed Windows. However, I wanted to  continue with a free
opearting system that has GUI and is fairly user friendly. Since I
knew a bit about Linux, I tried various distributions. In the past I
had used  Red Hat (releases at the very beginning circa 1998), SUSE &
Fedora - the latter being the last that I tried around 2 years back.

Lot many things have changed since and today, while surfing, I came to
know about Ubutu, got impressed and wanted to know more about it as
well as give it a try. I have already placed an order for 1 PC CD.
However, this shipment takes anything from 4 to 6 weeks.  In the mean
time, I am getting impatient.  ;-)

Is there anyone in this community who lives in Mumbai Or Pune and is
in possession of this CD?  If so, can I borrow it from you?  I am
working in Pune but I visit my family on weekends.

Looking forward to know more about Ubuntu and contribute - if I can -
to Marathi Translation.

--
Best Regards,
Padmakar