[ubuntu-in] bsnl dataone setup on ubuntu - ifconfig error

Gora Mohanty gora at sarai.net
Mon Jan 22 07:31:07 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 12:00 +0530, आलोक कुमार wrote:
[...]
> That seems to be the problem. I did have a problem in getting windows
> to recognize it as well. Thank you Onkar and Gora for the pointer.
> Which card would you recommend if not INTEX? I don't mind spending on
> another card, time is of the essence :)
[...]

I have had good experiences with Intel Ethernet cards under Linux. This
is a desktop system, and not a laptop, right? The Ethernet HOWTO lists
supported cards, is posted monthly to the comp.os.linux.answers
newsgroup (so, search Google groups), and should also be available on
any of the Linux Documentation Project mirror sites.

Regards,
Gora