[ubuntu-in] How to burn CD in ubuntu

Onkar Shinde onkarshinde at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 09:31:31 GMT 2007

On 1/10/07, ramnarayan.k at gmail.com <ramnarayan.k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> With ref to CD burning (on Ubuntu)
>
> Onkar Shinde wrote:
> > On 12/15/06, Francis Bosco <ifrbose at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi How to burn Data Cd's using Ubuntu
>
> > Hi Francis,
> >
> > Two ways
> > 1. Use nautilus. you should find some menu CD/DVD creator in Places
> > menu. Can also be accessed by putting burn:// as path in nautilus
> > 2. If you want advanced interface install and use gnomebaker
> >

> > @Barkha,
> > Please refrain from suggesting packages that are from different
> > desktop environment than the original poster's. It may lead to loads
> > of download. :-)
> > Original poster specifically asked for ubuntu and not kubuntu.
>
> Does Gnomebaker have all the features of multisession, reqriting to RW's
>  etc. Nautilus burn:// CD/DVD creator is very basic.
>
> I have k3b installed - which is a apt-get package but there are always
> problems with it.
>
> regards
> ram

Hi Ram,

Sure gnomebaker has multisession and CD-RW support. When you put a
multisession CD, You first need to 'Import existing session'.
AFAIK, gnomebaker has support for everything except writing VCD and Video DVD

Install it and explore its capabilities.

Onkar
Don't ask why - the reason is the same.